As-salaamu Alaykum, Brothers and Sisters.
Alhamdulillah! We have begun a Launchgood campaign to raise $10,000, in sha’ Allah, for editing, publication, and promotion of volumes II and III of Dr. Zakiyyah Muhammad’s book,
Mother of the Nation: Clara Evans Muhammad
What makes this book distinctive?
- Unlike most studies on the Nation Of Islam that depend on secondary information, this book preserves the views, opinions, and statements of primary sources, including numerous members of Clara Muhammad’s immediate family.
- Meticulously investigated and maintaining a scholarly perspective, the book presents a spiritually-based narrative of the formation, growth, and culmination of the Nation of Islam, and then its remarkable transition to traditional Muslim tenets and beliefs.
- It is an enthralling introduction of Al-Islam useful for propagation (dawah) and for presenting to converts the doctrines and principles of their new religion.
- It highlights the significant contributions made by Muslim women to the development and growth of Islam in the USA.
- It documents the contributions of African American Muslims to the origins of homeschooling in the United States.
- It represents the culmination of author, scholar and teacher, Dr. Zakiyyah Muhammad’s life’s work, and the fruit of her passionate dedication to Islamic education.
For details and to make a donation, please visit the campaign site:
Your generous support is needed and greatly appreciated.
The Institute of Muslim American Studies (IMAS) provides research and ethnographic studies on the phenomenon of Muslim African Americans and their journey to true human freedom. It examines the evolution of the Muslim African American individual, family, and community inspired by the Qur’an and the life of Prophet Muhammad ibn Abdullah, (prayers and peace be upon him).
IMAS bridges the gap between traditional Islamic Studies, American History, and African American History, which have not adequately addressed the Muslim African American experience. IMAS welcomes the engagement and support of institutions and the general public to advance the truth of this unique spiritual phenomenon which is providing extraordinary lessons for human society.
The Institute of Muslim American Studies (IMAS) is a non-profit, 501c3 public benefit corporation, incorporated in 2010 in the state of California.
- Bilali Muhammad
- Ayuba Suleiman Diallo, called Job ben Solomon
- Abd al Rahman Ibrahima Ibn Sori
- Clara Muhammad, Mother of the Nation